Go to the following webpage.
Pick a movie that is currently playing.
Make a chart to show its earnings on each day from last Friday to today.
1) Calculate the total earnings over that period.
2) How much more money did the movie make over the weekend versus the weekdays?
3) Choose another movie and compare the earnings.
Here is the link to the elections results. Use it for the second part of your assignment.
This year in math we will be learning:
- operations with integers
- operations with decimals
- converting between decimals, fractions, percentages, and ratios
- financial percentages (tips, taxes, etc.)
- algebraic expressions and equations
- area of circles, triangles, parallelograms
- volume of prisms
- cartesian planes and transformations
- experimental probability
There will be a math quiz on Thursday December 6th.
It will include:
Be sure to know how to represent multiplying decimals in the three ways that we have been doing (algorithm, array, base ten blocks).